Emergency Number for Operations: 561-747-5708
Please report red lights and/or alarms at any of the District’s Lift Stations or Low Pressure Sewer Systems by calling the District’s emergency phone line 561-747-5708
General Operational Questions: 561-747-5709
The District’s regional wastewater system is monitored twenty-four hours a day. If you have a problem with a sewage backup, after your plumber has indicated that the blockage ‘could’ be in the sewer line in the public right-of-way contact us immediately by calling (561) 747-5708 (this phone number is monitored 24 hours a day).
When to call the District:
- If you have sewage backing up into your home AND your plumber has indicated the blockage ‘could’ be in the sewer line in the public right-of-way.
- If you see a manhole overflowing.
- If you see an uncovered manhole.
- If you hear an alarm at a lift station.
- If you see a flashing red light at a lift station.
- If you see a sink hole forming.
Most homeowner’s insurance will NOT cover damage from water that backs up through the sewer. Even if a homeowner has flood insurance, sewer backups are normally excluded. Coverage for this type of event can usually be added as a rider. The typical cost for this rider is less than $100 per year.
*The Loxahatchee River District strongly encourages each homeowner to verify coverage with their insurance agent and consider adding a sewer backup rider.*