When applying for a position
Please make sure you indicate which open position you are applying for. You may apply in any of the following ways…
- Send resume/and cover letter to HR@Lrecd.org
- Complete an application (https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/D4640347730/0) along with attachments and submit online
- Mail: To Loxahatchee River District: ATTN; Human Resources 2500 Jupiter Park Drive, Jupiter, FL 33458
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority. Also, certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. The application for Veteran Preference must be completed along with any required documentation and must be included as an attachment at the time of submitting your employment application.
Disabled applicants may request a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process by contacting the Human Resource department.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/ veteran
Pay Grade: 10
Salary Range: $28.48 – $45.56 hourly
Position Type: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Schedule: M-F 7am- 3:30pm
Summary Statement: The Construction Foreman is a hands-on working foreman position. The Construction foreman is responsible for leading and directing a crew of construction operators in the performance of various maintenance and repair functions (i.e. force mains, valves, gravity mains, laterals, manholes, lift stations, and other structures). Work assignments are received from the construction manager.
- Directs and works with construction crews
- Works with outside contractors, when necessary, provides reviews on contractor’s performance
- Repairs broken gravity mains, force mains, service laterals, lifts stations, and other structures
- Repairs sidewalks, pavement, and landscaping when applicable
- Calls for utility locates when applicable to perform repairs (understands when locates are required)
- Coordinates jobs with construction manager, construction crews, and District Inspectors for final signoffs on repairs (following EAM work- flow)
- Completes work orders in the field, tracks progress on EAM, ensures crews are doing the same.
- Works in conjunction with Construction Manager to perform yearly evaluations on Team Members
- Ability to operate, maintain, and train employees on District Equipment
- Responsible for organizing and staging materials for the next day(s) projects.
- Understanding job scopes and equipment required in order to eliminate lost productivity
- Implementation of jobsite safety and crew compliance with District safety policies and procedures
- Provide daily updates to Construction Manager regarding job status (when applicable)
- Ensure JHA’s are turned in, complete, for each work order, daily.
- Maintains inventory or all, non-warehouse, stocked materials (i.e. rock, road base, confined space equipment, MOT equipment), requests replacements in timely manner.
- Stays current with all District installation standards and ensures constructions crews are doing the same.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of three years of experience in the repair or construction of wastewater facilities or closely related field.
- One year experience as a lead/ foreman OR
- A combination of equivalent training and a higher level of education.
- Florida Class “A” Certification in Wastewater Collection Systems
- Training and certifications required or ability to obtain within the first 12 months of employment: MOT, Confined space, Trench Safety.
- Valid and current CDL class A Driver’s License or the ability to obtain a CDL class A license.