When applying for a position
Please make sure you indicate which open position you are applying for. You may apply in any of the following ways…
- Send resume/and cover letter to HR@Lrecd.org
- Complete an application (https://jobapps.hrdirectapps.com/applicantform/D4640347730/0) along with attachments and submit online
- Mail: To Loxahatchee River District: ATTN; Human Resources 2500 Jupiter Park Drive, Jupiter, FL 33458
Certain servicemembers and veterans, and the spouses and family members of such servicemembers and veterans, receive preference and priority. Also, certain servicemembers may be eligible to receive waivers for postsecondary educational requirements, in employment by the state and its subdivisions and are encouraged to apply for the positions being filled. The application for Veteran Preference must be completed along with any required documentation and must be included as an attachment at the time of submitting your employment application.
Disabled applicants may request a reasonable accommodation during the hiring process by contacting the Human Resource department.
Equal Opportunity Employer: disability/ veteran
Construction Operator Trainee
Pay Grade Range: 4; Salary Range: $19.05 – $30.47 Hourly
Position Type: Full-Time / Non- Exempt
Schedule: M-F 7am- 3:30pm
Summary Statement: An employee in this position performs semiskilled manual field work under the Construction foreman. The trainee will learn how to repair and maintain wastewater equipment, facilities, and appurtenances.
Performs duties as assigned to meet the needs of the District including but not limited to:
- Installs and repair services
- Install, repair or replace force main, gravity sewer lines and appurtenances
- Maintains and repairs concrete vaults, manholes, etc.
- Locate line locations
- Operates various heavy machinery
- Restores sidewalks, roads, and landscapes to original condition after repairs
- Make field inspections of contractors to make sure County/District standards are met.
- Works with and assists the crew in digging ditches, holes, and trenches, hoisting material, tools, equipment, and related work with a backhoe or front-end loader.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to operate: Front-end loader/backhoe, A5, 18- yard dump truck with manual shift
- Ability to operate gasoline & hydraulic power tools.
- Acquire working knowledge of practices, materials, and tools used in construction and maintenance within six months of hire.
- Ability to learn working knowledge of occupational hazards and safety precautions involved in the environment within ninety days of hire.
- Ability to understand and follow written and oral instructions
- Ability to work in confined spaces.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with coworkers and the public.
- Acquire a State of Florida Class “C” Collection’s system operator license within 6 months of hire
- Valid and clear Florida Drivers License and acquire a valid Class “B” CDL within the first year.
- Ability to multitask and prioritize effectively
- Highly organized and methodical approach to daily work
- Effective computer skills, including proficiency with Microsoft Office
- Pass a pre-employment physical along with a drug test.
- Submit a background check
Pay Grade: 8; Salary Range: $24.04 – $38.47 Hourly
Position Type: Full-Time / Non-Exempt
Schedule: M-F 8am- 5pm
Summary Statement: Under general supervision of the Director of Finance & Administration, The Purchasing Agent is primarily responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and operation of the District’s purchasing activities. Functions as the District representative to both vendor, contractors and acts as a liaison between operations supervisors and manager and such vendor and contractors. This position works under limited supervision and exercises considerable initiative and independent judgement in planning and administering the workload of the District’s purchasing activities.
- Reviews all purchasing requisitions, ensuring proper supporting documentation, coding, etc. and coordinates with supervisors and Directors to obtain all required information to ensure compliance with the District’s Procurement Policy. Prepares Purchase Orders for the purchase of items.
- Keeps accurate records and maintains a detailed purchase order log; Post bids on electronic bid monitoring and dissemination software (i.e. DemandStar)
- Receives and open bids, conducts, reviews, and analyzes bids and proposals for sonication compliance; review results with department personal; organizes, schedules and facilities evaluation meetings,
- Develops, improves and maintains all template contract forms, vendor forms, etc. to ensure compliance with policy, regulation, and the District’s standard operating procedures.
- Coordinates legal documents and insurance requirements
- Manages vendor file administration
- Manages a contract log for all contracts to ensure timely re-bidding or renewals as needed
- Monitors purchasing cooperatives, participating as a District representative in local cooperatives as needed
- Analyses current procurement activities and provides recommendations for improvement or ideas on how to improve existing vendor, purchasing, and bidding processes, including changes to the Procurement Policy
- Attends various Procurement trainings to stay up-to-date on various regulations and changes;
- Assists the Director of Finance and Administration with any accounting or administrative needs related to purchasing activities
- Assists/ cross-trains in the warehouse
- Performs other relayed work as assigned
Education and Experience:
- Any combination of education and experience equivalent to graduation from an accredited college or university with major course work in business administration, contract management or purchasing
- Minimum of three (3) years of experience in procurement of materials, equipment, and supplies preferably for a public utility
- Certified Professional Public Buyer certificate preferred.